Holy Stone HS170 Predator Mini RC Helicopter Drone Review

Home Forums Review Forum Holy Stone HS170 Predator Mini RC Helicopter Drone Review

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  josue 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

emerald
    Participant

Looks flimsy af

Aston
    Participant

The Holy stone company doesn’t actually have a bad rep or anything, I think it was just that product maybe?

josue
    Participant

This reminds me of the toys I used to buy as a kid when I went back hime to Mexico. Literally opening the pack would break it xD

Martha
    Participant

I’m going to start off by saying don’t buy this junk if you want a drone that lasts for more than 10 minutes.
    I bought this thinking its a decent looking, cheap alternative to getting those 300 dollar drones and I can practise a bit while I’m at my parents house in the countryside.

It was my fault at first for now reading the details on fly time but it was only meant to work 5-8 minutes before needing to be recharged. I thought, ok, my bad, I’ll just recharge it after flying it once (which wasn’t too bad mind you, first time flyer lol)

But then it never came back on again. Literally one time use and everything seemed flimsy. The thing was probably worth less than $10 as I had to buy own batteries. This was bought on amazon by the way. I did contact them and get my refund in the end, but I’d rather not have gone through all that trouble. Looking for another brand of drone soon, but I might wait for a while now.

Nuri
    Participant

If ever you find a cheaper alternative on amazon then a general rule of thumb is to always expect the worse. You have tons of third grade companies producing knock off products and they slack in quality. Not saying price always means quality but for amazon, that is a trend.

Martha
    Participant

I totally agree with you Nuri. But in this one case, I knew I was going to be buying a poor quality item but I just hoped it would last more than one try lol.

It was literally meant to be a tester.

Gaby
    Participant

I bought this one too for the same reasons and something similar happened to me.
    The prongs in the battery just got bent so I couldn’t use it anymore. Just got a refund since customer service was an absolute nightmare :/

Martha
    Participant

I’m not sure – either way Im not buying from them again after that nu-uh

Lakia
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll be steering clear of them. I wanted a drone with a camera anyway. Which one are you thinking of buying next?

Martha
    Participant

Not sure…but I definitely will invest a little more and maybe also get one with a camera. These days you can get really cool features on them

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.